Principal News – Aaron Pettinato
- Stallion Strides program is finished for the year. First Touch with Kindergarteners and their 5th Grade buddies will be the morning of March 17th.
- Student-led conferences next week, schedules will come from teachers
- AZ Merit will be starting with 4th Grade science on March 30th followed by 3rd-6th Grade reading and math, students will be learning relaxation techniques and yoga on April 1st
- McTeacher Night was a success and enjoyed by teachers and families, raised $480
- The State Liaison has confirmed that the school funding for new water fountains will be added to the April board agenda
- Excellence awards will be given out for our school at the Governing Board meeting Monday, March 16th, 6pm at the District Office, anyone can attend to cheer on the Student, Staff member and Community member who will be receiving awards
PTO News – Julie Cailliet
Step It Up:
- Results have been fantastic and participation has been high
- The Day of Awesomeness has been postponed until Monday, March 30th due to rain
- Will need parent volunteers for each grade group (see volunteer sign up page)
- Mr Pettinato will be meeting with the District on Thursday, March 12th and will make a definite plan as to whether the on-campus event will be postponed.
- The event vendors have agreed to reschedule to a later date (at no extra cost to us)
- Was brought up again that this might be a good time to rename the event for next year
- If the event is postponed until the Fall, we will still make arrangements to continue with the silent auction (online), raffle baskets and Penny Wars
Teacher Appreciation Week dates and theme – Kendra Raine
- We think the WORLD of our teachers!
- Will be held the week of May 4th-8th
Treasurer?s Report – Julie Cailliet
- Despite potentially postponing the Hoedown event, we are on track to make budget for the year having received a couple of large donations and company matches from families
- Plans are underway to pursue grants for funding the Horsemanship program for future years – thank you to Cheri DeGruccio for the awesome video!