Place: Via Zoom
Name of Presiding Officer: Winnie Sarabia
Members in Attendance: Winnie Sarabia & Heather Mohrmam (President)
Allison Summers & Stacey Leshner (Vice President)
Michelle Rigsby (Secretary)
Kathryn Letter (Room Parent Liaison)
Kendra Raine (Webmaster)
Tempe Robins & Elizabeth Anderson (Treasurer)
Aaron Pettinato (School Principal)
Welcome and Introduction by Aaron Pettinato.
- Addressed Student Drop-off/Pick-up process.
Working out glitches to make pick-up/Drop-off an easier and quicker transition.
Time has been eliminated each day as the week progresses.
- Encouraged families to take advantage of “The Big Yellow Limo” (school bus) to pick-up and drop off students to help alleviate some of the traffic flow at the school. The school buses are sanitized daily.
- How parents can help:
Donate Recess Bags for each grade level teacher. The recess bags would contain:
-Soccer balls (2)
Additional donations needed: 4-6 Cornhole Boards
- Air Purifier Donations are still needed for most of the classrooms (See the Amazon Wishlist)
Mr. Pettinato would like teachers to create their own individual class “Wish Lists” to help reach parents.
Winnie Sarabia (President) discussed upcoming fundraisers:
- Blu Burger/ Cherry on Top (September 10th)
- Virtual (Usborne) Book Fair is live until September 18th
-Mrs. Hammersmark will be introducing books to students during library time.
- Stallion Birthday Grams (New to HTES)
Stallion Mascot will deliver a “Birthday Gram” to students in their classroom. Birthday Gram includes: Name on Marquee Sign, Stallion Delivery, Plush Horse, and a Birthday Horseshoe keepsake.
-Parents can schedule a Birthday Gram Delivery on www.htesparents.com
- Name the Mascot Contest will be running in the classrooms.
Each classroom will select a name for the Mascot and the school will do a final vote.
- Direct Donations are always needed. Parents are welcome to share ideas/resources to the PTO.
- Square 1 Art (Date: TBD)
The PTO will be working with Ms. Gatto to put this fundraiser together. Each grade level will have their own project to send to Square 1 Art.
- Fridays are HTES Spirit Days
Students are encouraged to show school spirit by wearing their HTES Spirit Shirt. Students who wear a Spirit Shirt will be put into a raffle.